Are You Up for the Challenge?
We have discussed Emerson Climate Technologies’ transition from mechanical pressure switches for system control and protection in refrigeration equipment to electronic controllers onto Copeland™ condensing units with its Electronic Unit Controller in recent blog posts. This advanced device replaces all mechanical pressure controls, simplifying set-up and provides better performance with reduced call-backs.
In an effort to generate awareness, increase comfort, and educate HVACR professionals, Emerson has developed a platform to support the transition called the “One Minute Challenge.” This campaign was designed to help contractors overcome the “black box” syndrome of using new technology and to create awareness that this game-changing piece of technology simplifies commercial refrigeration system operation while increasing system accuracy, protection, and capabilities. The One Minute Challenge is an online simulator that shows users how they can now complete a standard, 25-minute job in 1 minute.
Here’s how it works:
- The online simulator allows the user to set-up the electronic unit controller as if they were on the actual jobsite. It times how long it takes each user to complete, and it establishes a leader board showing the top 20 contractors and wholesalers. The tool can be used on iPads and other tablets, as well as a computer.
The top five leading wholesalers and contractors include:
- John Tillack, Poleward Refrigeration – 7.90 seconds
- Bob Smith, Bob’s A/C – 9.54 seconds
- John Jones, Jones HVAC – 13.92 seconds
- Lee Page, Equipment Service Company – 14.03 seconds
- AJ Milbes, Rio Ranch Market – 15.17 seconds
7.90 seconds is the top time to beat in the One Minute Challenge! Do you think you have what it takes to dominate the top? See for yourself just how easy the Electronic Unit Controller is.
Take the one-minute challenge. emersonclimate.com/oneminutechallenge/