E360 Forum Session Videos: See How We’re Balancing All Facets of HVACR
The refrigeration and A/C industries are experiencing an unprecedented convergence of regulatory forces and market dynamics. This perfect storm is prompting food retailers and foodservice operators to rethink long-held preconceptions, adapt to changing consumer preferences, and prepare to comply with ever-tightening EPA and DOE rulings.
And while energy reduction has always been important, new efficiency minimums for foodservice and cold storage applications are now making it an even more critical objective. Meanwhile, many retailers are more aggressively targeting environmental goals, including the option of moving to a low-GWP refrigerant alternative. The EPA’s ruling on refrigerant delisting has prompted many to accelerate the implementation of these goals.
These energy and environmental objectives are driving the changes OEMs need to build into the next generation of HVACR equipment. But with these new technologies comes a new set of technical challenges and risks. Of course, all of these factors will have economic impacts, both from a first cost and total lifecycle basis. At this pivotal moment in our industry’s history, there are as many questions as there are answers.
That’s why we launched our E360 initiative in 2014: to give a voice to every segment of the HVACR industry and facilitate a dialogue that will shape the future of refrigeration. Comprised of four pillars — energy, environment, equipment and economics — this stewardship program has already made significant impacts through its free programs and educational resources.
To date, we have published three editions of our E360 Outlook publication and hosted three daylong E360 Forum events in the U.S. and Canada. We hope you’ve been able to attend an E360 Forum and had a chance to benefit from these important conversations. But in case you missed it, we’ve posted sessions from our Anaheim event on our website and YouTube channel.
- How to Meet 2016/2017 Energy & Refrigerant Regulations — discover how the recent rulings will impact system architecture.
- How to Improve Energy Efficiency & Reduce Maintenance — learn about the latest energy management system techniques to reduce energy consumption.
- Converting Food Waste Into Renewable Energy — hear the latest trends and challenges related to food waste disposal.
- Trends in Refrigerant System Architecture & CO2 — see how refrigeration systems are meeting energy and environmental objectives with CO2.
- Refrigerant & Energy Regulations Update — Rajan Rajendran imparts his deep understanding of the recent and pending regulations and charts a likely path forward.
For more information about a specific session, please feel free to download the complete session presentation decks on the E360 section of our website. Make plans now to attend our next E360 Forum, taking place on Thursday, Sept. 3 at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport in Irving, Texas. Register today at EmersonClimate.com/E360-Event-Registration, and be sure to invite all of those on your team who could benefit from these important industry conversations.