Facility Controls: Six Benefits for Improved Operations and Refrigeration System Maintenance
I recently wrote an article for Convenience Store Decisions, highlighting the practical benefits of facility controls for today’s convenience store operator. A brief summary of the article is below.
Today, many convenience stores utilize energy management systems for HVAC, refrigeration, lighting and other building systems. Some retailers couple this with monitoring services that provide real-time performance data on building operations, system efficiency, energy usage and more. These operators can use facility insights to increase equipment uptime, eliminate unnecessary truck rolls, minimize emergency service call costs and improve effectiveness of service technicians.
Below are six benefits of using facility controls for improved operation and maintenance of convenience store refrigeration systems:
- Information and expertise keeps stores operating smoothly.
- Expert triage avoids unnecessary, costly service calls.
- Direct-to-store alerts allow local problem solving.
- Remote monitoring can identify system issues before they appear locally.
- When service calls are needed, technicians are better prepared before dispatch.
- Operate consistently across all stores with enterprise-wide control.
There is a great opportunity for convenience store operators to better utilize store equipment for a higher return on investment by leveraging energy management systems and monitoring services. New technology and IoT deployment is improving options daily, and Emerson Climate Technologies can help operators currently using these systems to better understand the latest capabilities available.
Read the full Convenience Store Decisions article online here.
Product Manager, ProAct Enterprise Software and Services
Emerson Climate Technologies Retail Solutions