|Ron Chapek | Director of Product Management/Enterprise Software
Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions
Today’s supermarket, restaurant and convenience store operators face an increasingly complex retail environment. A recent article in E360 Outlook Product Spotlight demonstrates how the Emerson ProAct Connect+ platform and software modules give you a sharp picture of the most critical facets of your multi-site operations. Click here to read the article in its entirety.
Seamlessly connect and actively manage your multi-site food retail operations
Today, consumers demand premium food quality, variety and convenience, with an exceptional, consistent shopping experience, regardless of location. Retailers need the tools that can help them quickly adapt to customer preferences and trends, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, and ensure the quality and safety of their food — in every store within their multi-site network.
That’s why Emerson has leveraged its site management software legacy to develop the next-generation ProAct Connect+ Enterprise Software Suite.
By connecting devices and controllers to the cloud, Connect+ provides near real-time access to a wide range of critical information from anywhere in your multi-site operations to help you immediately track, evaluate and respond to issues — all from one centralized location. Backed by Emerson’s deep domain expertise in refrigeration systems, controls, facility management, data analytics, cloud connectivity and the Internet of Things (IoT), Connect+ helps multi-site retailers achieve their critical customer service and business objectives faster, with less risk, by focusing on the tasks that matter most.
Core software modules address critical operational challenges
The Connect+ platform is a scalable, customizable and robust toolset of software modules that enable multi-site performance optimization by gathering and analyzing a broad range of data about many critical functions, including:
- Data acquisition: providing secure data acquisition, storage and aggregation
- System management: helping monitor, manage and optimize performance in key facilities, including refrigeration, HVAC and lighting
- Advisory management: alerting your enterprise and facility managers of any issues in the network, helping them to quickly view, evaluate and respond to issues or alarm states that could impact your operations
- Setpoint management: continuously monitoring and optimizing temperature setpoints to help drive energy efficiency and ensure food quality and safety
- Condition-based maintenance: improving the effectiveness of your maintenance teams by providing both real-time and historic data about equipment performance, helping them detect and address potential problems before they can impact operations
- Food quality reports: automating reporting of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC) food safety documentation requirements, helping you demonstrate that you are assuring consistent food quality and safety while minimizing food spoilage and waste
- Energy management: automatically optimizing energy consumption in your systems and facilities to drive cost savings throughout the enterprise
- Push updates: informing hundreds or thousands of connected sites and systems about important store or customer service initiatives or technical equipment update information in hours instead of days
Making high-end software easy to use
For all its capabilities, Emerson designed Connect+ to be fast, flexible and secure — and with features such as color-coded network maps, alarm visibility and intuitive navigation — remarkably easy to use.
By connecting devices and controllers to the cloud for comprehensive data management and analytics, ProAct Connect+ provides the architecture, information and intelligence to help you address today’s challenges while scaling to meet tomorrow’s demands. To learn about even more of its capabilities and the user-friendly functionality you can expect from the ProAct Connect+ software suite, read the full E360 Outlook article.