|Andre Patenaude | Director – Solutions Strategy
Emerson’s Commercial and Residential Solution’s Business
For decades, natural refrigerants have been used worldwide as environmentally friendly alternatives to high global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants or ozone-depleting substances (ODS). As the U.S. commercial refrigeration industry faces an imminent phasedown of hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerants, the stage is set for natural refrigerants like CO2 and R-290 to play much larger roles. Emerson is pleased to announce our participation in the ATMOsphere America Summit 2022 on June 7–8, where our experts will present new data that supports the expanding business case for natural refrigerants.
With the phasedown of high-GWP HFC refrigerants underway, commercial and industrial refrigeration stakeholders are actively planning for the next generation of refrigerant technologies. As corporate-led environmental initiatives are pledging to use more sustainable equipment, CO2 and R-290 are widely considered to be among the leading natural refrigerant candidates to anchor future refrigeration strategies.
Today’s market is evolving rapidly — and Emerson is at the leading edge of technological advancements supporting the use of these proven natural alternatives. We’ve made significant investments in research and development (R&D) projects and lab testing capabilities designed to:
- Promote the use of low-GWP refrigerant technologies
- Support original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in their design cycles
- Help end-users to make successful refrigerant transitions
Join us at the ATMOsphere America Summit 2022
As a gold sponsor of the upcoming ATMOsphere America Summit 2022, Emerson is looking forward to presenting data from our recent R&D efforts which explore the expanding role of natural refrigerants. This in-person-only event will take place on June 7–8 in Washington, D.C., at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center. Join peers, industry experts, policymakers, end-users, and contractors to explore the latest natural refrigerant trends and technologies.
Emerson’s participation will feature informative sessions and panel discussions highlighting our latest natural refrigerant research:
- Making the case for sustainable CO2 in supermarket refrigeration (June 7 at 2 p.m. EDT) — which will be presented by me and Zero Zone
- Exploring the climate zone impacts on CO2 system selection (June 8 at 10 a.m. EDT) — which will be presented by me
- Panel discussion sharing the latest policy and market trends impacting natural refrigerants (June 7 at 11 a.m. EDT) — which will be presented by me
If your company is interested in exploring a future based on natural refrigerants, register now and make plans to attend this in-person event. Be sure to stop by any of the Emerson sessions and ask how we can help you on your journey to more sustainable refrigeration.